help using serial console w/ netboot

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to build a headless, remote server - using an IPMI serial terminal and PXEboot. The thing is, that I've got everything set up to the point that the install system is booting (I can see the splash screen via a remote KVM), but can't access it via a remote serial console.

I think I need to put some magic incantation in ../pxelinux.cfg, or possibly some other config file - but can't find any documentation on how to do it (what I have found is contradictory and doesn't work for me). (For what it's worth, it's a supermicro rack-mount server, with on-board IPMI 2, but I think the issue is configuring the boot file properly.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Miles Fidelman