Re: internet speed

On Monday 01,October,2012 11:02 PM, ARAVIND CHAK wrote:
> Hi,
> If you are downloading, your browser's download manager may show speed
> in KBps(KiloBytes per sec). Properly speaking these are now called
> KiBytes to emphasize that 1 KiByte is 1024 Bytes of 8 bits each. A 1
> Mbps speed quoted by ISPs is actually 1,000,000 bits persec.
> So take a screenshot of the slow speed as shown on the download window,
> and send this to your ISP in a VERY polite letter. There is a good
> chance that due to an increasing customer-bas there are algorithms
> running which ration out speed to users. My ex-ISP did (they admitted
> speed-throttling).
>
> If you are on Debian you should also be able to take screenshots of the
> plot shown on System Monitor.
> Hope this helps.

I don't have download manager. It's alright, I am in lab. so no need
concern the ISP.

I just worry that something wrong with my laptop. the desktop next to me
runs very well. when I send emails or open webpage. but this one.
sending email with attachment always complained timeout recent two days.

Thanks,