Re: What is the procedure for patching the Debian kernel ?

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 11:09:46 -0400 (EDT), Xelsior wrote:
> I did start to apply the extra patches to the Debian kernel another
> way as test-patches is not recommended if you are making config
> changes (following
> http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html#s4.2.3
> ).
> Then did "fakeroot debian/rules source".
>
> Then "fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen binary-arch_i386_rt_686-pae"
> (how do I do this with multiple CPU cores?).
>
> However this did not actually patch the correct files in the
> debian/source directory.
>
> What is the procedure to correctly apply my patches
> Any help appreciated.

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but you might want to take
a look at

   http://users.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/Kernel.htm

It might answer some of your questions.  The above is an unofficial
kernel building web page which does talk about applying patches,
using multiple CPUs, etc.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :