Re: Installation

On Mi, 12 sep 12, 08:57:37, The Wanderer wrote:

> Admittedly, not presenting the user with such a prompt at all would be less
> off-putting than either, but we may not be able to avoid that unless we relegate
> the ability to control partitioning/filesystems to the full expert install - and
> there may well be people who would prefer to handle their own partitioning, but
> would not be comfortable with all the details of the expert install process.

One shortcut could be added: if the system has only one mass storage
device[1] display a simple prompt to choose between wiping everything
(and doing a all-in-one partition install without other questions asked)
or proceeding to partitioning as usual.

[1] more than one mass storage device can mean that the user has at
least some knowledge of partitions and also the risk of doing something
wrong is too big.

Kind regards,
Andrei