Re: Installation

On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 02:23:10PM -0700, Weaver wrote:
> But this, again, is not what is being advocated.
> I see nothing wrong with a small educational process being incorporated
> into the install procedure.

There is the installation-guide¹.  It wouldn't be a good idea to put
screes of explanation in the installer, would you want to read it all
every time you installed a system? I could see the possibility of
becoming "<enter>" or "<space>" happy.

> The average end/home user would, in all likelihood, not even be interested
> in LVM initially and for, probably, some considerable time after that.

Agreed. But the person who wants to install Debian is not the average
end/home user.  Now, Ubuntu, that is more like the average end/home
user.

¹http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=installation-guide-i386;dist=unstable

oppressing." --- Malcolm X