[Conclusion] Looking for an emacs replacement

On Sat, 08 Sep 2012 16:01:33 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> And you want to drop it just because of a problem with your settings not
> being honored? Have you report it?

Does it matter? -- I started to use Emacs almost 15 years ago. By then,
there is only one looks and feel, the Unix one. Over the years, emacs is
moving towards Windows, I lost its xterm-like scroll bar years ago, now
the whole Unix-like look and feel is gone. It's OK to woo the windows
users, but to completely ignore the Unix users, that's very sad. I don't
want to spend a minute more on learning to configure its bizarred GTK
interface any more.

On Sat, 08 Sep 2012 11:50:39 +0200, lee wrote:

>> Time to look for an all purpose editor to replace emacs.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_text_editors
>
> You might as well use emacs more, there are so many little details one
> doesn't think about anymore and then misses in others ...

That's so true. Sad, but true.

>From the lack of respond, we can tell that there is no such thing as emacs
replacements. Luckily, there are commercial products, I don't want to go
with commercial products even if they are free, but I think now is the
time. I love Notepadd++, so I tend to agree with what was said below:

- - - - -
Komodo Edit – the Best Notepad++ Alternative in Ubuntu
http://www.liberiangeek.net/2012/01/komodo-edit-the-best-notepad-
alternative-in-ubuntu/

I love Notepadd++ and highly recommend it if you’re a developer of just a
webmaster managing your blogs online. I have it installed in Windows and
use it almost everyday to manage this blog. The problem I have with
Notepad++ is that, there’s not a Linux version available. So  recently I
started looking for an alternate program that is comparable or more
advanced than Notepad++ for Ubuntu. My search ended when I stumbled upon
Komodo-Edit, a power editor for Windows, Mac and Linux systems. This
editor is comparable, if not better than Notepad++. There’s a free and
paid version, however, the Linux version is free.
. . .
- - - - -