Looking for an emacs replacement

Hi,

> Subject: My app-defaults won't work for emacs any more
> Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 01:25:20 +0000 (UTC)
>
> I haven't updated my emacs for quite a while and today when I update it,
> I notice that the new emacs is not following my app-defaults settings,
> which has been working for quite a long time.

The time has come. <rant on> I had always frowned upon how much space
emacs is hogging my system, and how little I'm actually using it, but
better the devil you know than the devil you don't, I've been put up with
it until now, when all my nice settings about it are totally lost.
<rant off>

Time to look for an all purpose editor to replace emacs. Last time I
checked, all editors that based on the engine that notepadd++ is based on
are not there yet.

The only thing that emacs has while others don't is its folding more,
which let you define your own folding tag, and can fold a section on and
off within a split of second.

So, any greener yard out there that support folding (hide/show a region)?

PS. I'm long time emacs user so please don't start with how good vim or
its alikes are. Please.

Thanks