Re: no input from microphone (Re: Do I still need alsa if I have pulseaudio)

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 13:54:47 -0700
Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Kelly,

>Sounds like it is the Nvidia onboard HDA chip, not a card...

Probably;  I've not been following the thread too closely.

>I have my doubts that it is that easy to actually fry the mic input...

So do I but, if it was flaky to begin with, you never know.....

If it does prove to be a h/w fault, it's probably still cheaper to get a
new mobo.   :-(

--
 Regards  _
Keep your drink just give em the money