Re: Do I still need alsa if I have pulseaudio

 On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 14:50:49 +0000 (UTC) "Camaleón noelamac@gmail.com"
 suggested this:

>On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 01:47:53 +0000, T o n g wrote:
>
>> Do I still need alsa if I have pulseaudio?
>
>As others have already said, yes, you need ALSA (or another kernel
>API as replacement like OSS) in order to have sound working in your
>system while the opposite is not true (ALSA does not need from PA nor
>ESD, Phonom...)
>
>Greetings,
>
>--
>Camaleón

I just did: aptitude purge pulseaudio pulseaudio-module-x11 and sound
works a treat. As well I have all my controls back in alsa which I have
missed.

I thought I needed pulseaudio, thankfully not. Phew, what a relief,
thanks for this thread.

Stay well
Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single
	step. ....Lao-tzu