Re: Do I still need alsa if I have pulseaudio

a howto got put up on the orca-list email list describing how to install
a graphical user environment and have it come up talking and pulse in
any of its forms is not part of how to do it, so the claim that pulse
adds extra layers of complexity I have had direct experience on over
here!

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012, lee wrote:

> T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do I still need alsa if I have pulseaudio?
>
> It seems that pulseaudio adds another layer of complexity on top of
> alsa. If you don't need things that pulseaudio does, you don't need
> pulseaudio and can just use alsa, which you need in any case.

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
Adobe fiend for failing to Flash