Re: xsesssion-errors

On 01/09/12 12:45 PM, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Sat, Sep 01, 2012 at 09:54:32AM +0200, lee wrote:
Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca> writes:

I keep seeing references to NVidia in my .xsesssion-errors file. I

(firefox:2707): atk-bridge-WARNING **: Could not locate registry
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

The results of running '# apt-file search libvdpau_nvidia.so' would
indicate that you may need to install the nvidia-vdpau-driver package :)

Why, AFAIR, he has not been using nvidia for a while.

I'd do a locate on vdpau, he might have nvidia-vdpau-driver
installed?

The only reference I find is to libvdpau1....which is being kept installed by mplayer. So I removed both..(I use VLC but not mplayer) and we'll see what happens. But it seems other stuff is also looking for the library...time will tell :)

--
Cheers
Frank