Re: domain name [SOLVED]

On Sep 1, 2012, at 2:53 AM, Joe wrote:

> The apparently haphazard means of assigning a domain name reflects
> the much lower importance attached to 'domain' outside the
> Microsoft Active Directory world.

Well, that's an interesting thought. A domain, to me, means where
the DNS of the world goes looking for my server. I'm self taught
(from O'Reilly books, etc.) on Linux, and I've had next to nothing
to do with MicroSoft anything. A domain is quite important to a server
on the 'Net -- it never occurred to me that it meant something else in
the MS world.

> Again, which is the 'correct' one?

To me, the one I rent from my registrar. Or one of the virtuals I host --
wherever DNS is trying to go.

Thanks for the info...

--
Glenn English