Re: mpt raid status change

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 09:44:22 -0400, Wolf Halton wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new on this list, but not entirely new to Debian.

Salutations, but please, avoid html formatted postings :-)

> I get a couple of hundred messages per month to my local root user on
> each debian server VM I run that mention that "mpt raid status change."
> This comes from systems that have one virtual drive or two, and I do not
> have raid set up on.
> Is that a default install setting I have to disable? Is it simple to
> disable the messages since I am not running raid at all? These messages
> dilute the actual messages of importance that the system sends through
> at intervals.  cron jobs and whatnot.

I guess that's coming from "mpt-status" package and it seems that you can
configure some options for it ("/usr/share/doc/mpt-status/README.Debian"
file provides more info).

If none suits your needs and you don't need to monitor the RAID status
(because there is no RAID in your system), consider removing the
package :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón