raid status warning

Hi,

Using Debian Squeeze, fully patched.

I have a bunch of weird errors in my syslog
Aug 31 08:03:30 wwwgw mpt-statusd: detected non-optimal RAID status

The funny thing is, I do not use RAID. This is a VMware virtual machine using a primary partition for /boot and everything else is in a LVM partition.

When I run mpt-status I get:
root@wwwgw:~# mpt-status
open /dev/mptctl: No such file or directory
  Try: mknod /dev/mptctl c 10 220
Make sure mptctl is loaded into the kernel

So far I have simply been ignoring these msgs but it is filling up my syslog. :-(
What do I need to look at to get rid of these messages? I assume they can be ignored. If not, what do I need to fix?

Bonno Bloksma