mpt raid status change

Hi,
I am new on this list, but not entirely new to Debian.

I get a couple of hundred messages per month to my local root user on each debian server VM I run that mention that "mpt raid status change."
This comes from systems that have one virtual drive or two, and I do not have raid set up on.
Is that a default install setting I have to disable?
Is it simple to disable the messages since I am not running raid at all?
These messages dilute the actual messages of importance that the system sends through at intervals.  cron jobs and whatnot.

Wolf Halton
Open-Source Software in Libraries - http://FOSS4Lib.org
Apache Open Office Developer wolfhalton@apache.org