Re: e2fsck errror: Error reading block (Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read)

Sthu Deus wrote:

> Kamaraju, You wrote:
>
>> > You will not be able to do so until You connect Your drive to
>> > computer directly - i.e. through PATA/SATA cable.
>> >

>> This is an external USB hard drive. The only connection it has is
>> USB. So, I guess in this case smartctl is not much useful.
>
> And You can not disassemble it?

May be I am missing something here. The USB hard drive I am talking is very
similar to http://www.amazon.com/Iomega-Prestige-Portable-
SuperSpeed-35192/dp/B004NIAG5E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top . The case can't be
removed.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi