Re: [SOLVED] Is my processor 32-bit or 64-bit?

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 09:48:27 -0400 (EDT), Stephen Powell wrote:

> What I meant was that I may buy the new mobo, processor, and RAM
> that you suggested and put it in this second machine I'm talking about.

Well, I've looked into it, and that's not going to work.  The mobo
you suggested has stuff on it for which there are no connector holes
on the back of the case.  The built-in connector holes on the back
of the case support A/C power (of course), PS/2 mouse, PS/2 keyboard
(small-size PS/2 connectors in both cases), 2 USB ports, 2 serial ports,
and one parallel port.  In addition, there are knock-out plugs for what
looks like a joystick/MIDI port and what looks like line-in, line-out,
and microphone connectors for on-board sound.  I would have to knock
out the metal plugs, but at least the case can handle a mobo with
on-board sound.  But there are no connector holes for VGA output, DVI
output, or an Ethernet jack for a network connection, nor are there
knock-out plugs for the same.  The power supply connector to the mobo
is a 20-pin connector.  The case is just not designed to handle modern
mobos.

I can't even identify the mobo.  With no RAM, the BIOS won't initialize.
It just beeps at me (about 1 second on and 1 second off).  So the BIOS
won't tell me what the mobo is.  I searched in vain for some form of
identification on the mobo silk screen itself, but all I could find
was "Made in China".  Therefore, I don't know what kind of memory it
needs.  I'm afraid this other system is going to be good for nothing
except possibly to be cannibalized for parts.  A clue to its age:
it has a couple of ISA (or possibly EISA) bus slots on it, in addition
to PCI bus slots.  And the video card appears to be VESA local bus.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :