Re: [SOLVED] Is my processor 32-bit or 64-bit?

On 8/28/2012 3:11 PM, Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 09:48:27 -0400 (EDT), Stephen Powell wrote:
>>
>> What I meant was that I may buy the new mobo, processor, and RAM
>> that you suggested and put it in this second machine I'm talking about.
>
> Well, I've looked into it, and that's not going to work.  The mobo
> you suggested has stuff on it for which there are no connector holes
> on the back of the case.

Stephen, most PC IO plates are removable, have been for well over 15
years.  Once you remove the motherboard you simply stick your thumb on
the interior side of the IO panel and pop it out the back.  New mobos
come with their own panel.  They just pop in.  They friction fit, having
little nubs the size of a pin head, usually 2 on each side.  You install
it gently, pushing only on the outside edges until all the nubs have
snapped in.  Push in the middle and you may destroy it.  they're pretty
flimsy.

--
Stan