Re: [SOLVED] Is my processor 32-bit or 64-bit?

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Sadly, due to market realities and diminished customer demand for large
> monolithic servers, the biggest x86 box Unisys now sells is an 8-way 4U
> Xeon box.  Though with up to 80 cores, 332x times the memory bandwidth,
> and similarly higher IO bus bandwidth, it runs circles around the
> monster 32 socket mainframe style boxes of yesterday.

You can go to SGI for suitably large n-way Linux servers.  An SGI UV 2k rack
will go up to 256 Intel E5 processors (2048 cores, 4096 threads), 64TB RAM.

http://www.sgi.com/products/servers/uv/

I don't think the UV has mainframe-style hardware partitioning.  It is a big
NUMA box with a complex hypercube-like node topology.

  Henrique Holschuh