Re: [SOLVED] Is my processor 32-bit or 64-bit?

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 01:42:54 -0400 (EDT), Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Stephen Powell wrote:
>> I know enough to be dangerous, but not
>> always enough to be competent.  That's why I opened this thread
>> in the first place.
>
> In this case the solution is as simple as downloading and reading the
> manual for your board: http://ph.academicdirect.ro/ISB_SE7500CW2.pdf
>
> The memory specs are on page 17.

Stan, you are a wealth of information.  I didn't search for the motherboard
manual because, for some reason, I didn't think they were published online.
Maybe I did an extensive search in the past for a motherboard or chipset
manual and found nothing; so I already had it in my head that such things
weren't available.  But in this case I am happy to be proved wrong.

By the way, there's something I don't understand.  A 32-bit processor can
only access 4G of "real" (extended) memory, right?  So why are there
motherboards available for 32-bit processors that support installing
more than 4G of RAM?  What good is memory that the processor can't address?

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :