Re: debian sid bug?

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> At Joe and Bob. Do you use multi arch? It seems to be a problem for
> multi arch.

I do because multiarch is now a capability of dpkg and I use dpkg.
But I haven't used it explicitly.  I am running a pure 64-bit amd64
installation without any explicit ia32 packages installated.

I ran reportbug on libqt4-sql-sqlite and it produced this package tree
on my system:

  Versions of packages libqt4-sql-sqlite depends on:
  ii  libc6              2.13-35
  ii  libgcc1            1:4.7.1-7
  ii  libqt4-sql         4:4.8.2+dfsg-1
  ii  libqtcore4         4:4.8.2+dfsg-1
  ii  libsqlite3-0       3.7.13-1
  ii  libstdc++6         4.7.1-7
  ii  multiarch-support  2.13-35

Notice that the versions above are "+dfsg-1" versions and not "+b1"
versions.  The original poster was having problems with "+b1" versions
which have been replaced with the newer "+dfsg-1" versions.

If you are having problems with multiarch it would be informative to
me if you would explain the problem.  I don't see any 32-bit libs in
any of the above and so don't see how it would affect things.  I think
it more likely that an out of date mirror or an out of date package
list is the problem.

However "+b1" is a binary NMU version and so perhaps someone did a
binary NMU but inconsistently across the architectures?  That is
certainly possible.  And would explain why it is working on amd64 just
fine but broken on another one.

The PTS shows this package very recently uploaded and built.  It may
not have propagated everywhere yet.  The build failed on ia64.

  http://packages.qa.debian.org/q/qt4-x11.html

Bob