Re: Standard for soft return by automatic word and line wrap

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 08:31:06PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I used gvim, but kate and gedit and even leafpad and others are more
> comfortable. IIRC common shortcuts didn't work with gvim, the only
> difference to vi(m) was, that I didn't need to know all the commands by
> heart.

The trick to using vi(m) etc, is not to try and learn everything by
heart, just start using it and it gradually becomes second nature.

Start with vimtutor, and read through the documentation, but don't try
and learn it by heart or you will soon be overwhelmed and confused. :)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X