Re: Standard for soft return by automatic word and line wrap

On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 20:41 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Sb, 25 aug 12, 16:37:57, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > Yes, but I won't call Gedit "light weight". I'm thinking of something
> > like Leafpad. FWIW I won't use vi(m), nano, emacs etc., it should be a
> > GUI editor.
>
> gvim ;)

I used gvim, but kate and gedit and even leafpad and others are more
comfortable. IIRC common shortcuts didn't work with gvim, the only
difference to vi(m) was, that I didn't need to know all the commands by
heart. When I set up Arch Linux I had to use vi or vim, to avoid
reboots, because OTOH I can boot Debian or Ubuntu and then edit Arch
Linux. Still very hard to use is an Emacs version with GUI elements, I
don't remember it's name, however it's a shortcut hell. Today I prefer
gedit, simple because it helps to see mistakes, when writing my noob
shell scripts, while leafpad doesn't highlight the syntax.

YMMV,
Ralf