Re: [OT] Re: New Mainboard.

On 08/21/2012 10:35 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 04:56:58 -0700, Weaver wrote:

I have decided on buying one of these:

http://shop.amd.com/us/All/Detail/Processor/HDZ555WFGMBOX?SearchFacets=category%3AProcessor

and, as I am going to put it into one of these:

http://www.mittoni.com.au/lian-li-black-pca04-mini-tower-htpc-chassis-usb3-p-3948.html

I need recommendations on Micro-ATX boards that will work in with that
context.
(...)

I'd look for either MSI or Gigabyte boards as both brands do high quality
products. And I would also choose a solution with integrated VGA (ATI)
to keep the case as clean and organized as possible with the less cables
and cooling fans as I can (less coolers, less dust :-P). Also, I would
look for a BIOS (non UEFI) product.

Gretings,

Depending on what you may ultimately want to do with the board, you might
want to have the capability of using a plug-in video card.

This machine has a Foxconn board in it.  I thought that this was a low-end
board--and maybe it is, altho it works OK--but Foxconn makes the mobos
that are in Apple computers.  I have also used Gigabyte with good results.

I agree with the non-UEFI suggestion. Why look for trouble?

--doug