Re: [OT] Re: New Mainboard.

Le mardi 21 août 2012 à 14:35 +0000, Camaleón a écrit :

> I'd look for either MSI or Gigabyte boards as both brands do high quality
> products. And I would also choose a solution with integrated VGA (ATI)
> to keep the case as clean and organized as possible with the less cables
> and cooling fans as I can (less coolers, less dust :-P). Also, I would
> look for a BIOS (non UEFI) product.

I agree on the brands. But I don't on the BIOS/UEFI advice. I hardly see
why not buying an UEFI motherboard. Secure boot and stuff like that are
optional and can be disabled on i386/amd64 systems. My brother has one
(Asus), a friend has one (MSI) and both of them are running Windows and
Debian/Ubuntu without a glitch (with GPT partitioning scheme BTW).