Re: man in the middle attack ?

On Ma, 21 aug 12, 14:02:48, David wrote:
> On 21/08/2012, Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to apologise for the abuse you have suffered at the hands of
> > certain members of this list. Uncalled for, rude & unhelpful.
>
> I agree. Attacking strangers might be a brief distraction from a bad
> day, or a sad life, but it is not the majority spirit here. Please
> ignore.

Please don't make haste in assuming malice. Communication via e-mail
between people of different native languages and cultures is quite a
challenge, especially for humor and sarcasm.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

    - A good rule of thumb:  Be conservative in what you send and
      liberal in what you receive.  You should not send heated messages
      (we call these "flames") even if you are provoked.  On the other
      hand, you shouldn't be surprised if you get flamed and it's
      prudent not to respond to flames.

      [...]

    - Remember that the recipient is a human being whose culture,
      language, and humor have different points of reference from your
      own.  Remember that date formats, measurements, and idioms may
      not travel well.   Be especially careful with sarcasm.

Kind regards,
Andrei