Re: How to install SchoolTool 2.0 on Debian?

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> On Sat 18 Aug 2012 at 09:31:52 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>
>> I wish to install on my Debian GNU/Linux testing/sid system the
>> SchoolTool 2.0: http://book.schooltool.org/install-2_0.html
>>
>> I realise that that I can't follow steps:
>>
>> $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:schooltool-owners/dev
>> $ sudo apt-get update
>>
>> $ sudo apt-get install schooltool
>>
>> because on debian there isn't such command:
>> add-apt-repository
>
> Correct.
>
>> $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:schooltool-owners/dev
>> sudo: add-apt-repository: command not found
>>
>> however if I edit my sources.list:
>> deb-src ppa:schooltool-owners/dev
>
> Doesn't fit the pattern of other lines, does it? Try
>
>    http://ppa.launchpad.net/schooltool-owners/
>
> in a browser and go from there to get a line which is not malformed.

Here follows is what I did.

Downloaded the
http://blog.anantshri.info/content/uploads/2010/09/add-apt-repository.sh.txt
file.

Edited it to correspond the newest version of Ubuntu:
echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/$ppa_name/ubuntu precise main" [snip]

In this line I replaced the word 'lucid' with 'precise'.

Copied this file to /usr/sbin.

Set up it's permissions so I have now:
$ ls -l /usr/sbin/add-apt-repository
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 723 aug   18 10:43 /usr/sbin/add-apt-repository

Run the script:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:schooltool-owners/dev
schooltool-owners/dev
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring
--secret-keyring /tmp/tmp.y
irs4BqhK8 --trustdb-name /etc/apt//trustdb.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /et
c/apt/trusted.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-automatic.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-squeeze-stable.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-
archive-wheezy-automatic.gpg --keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d//debian-archive-wheezy-stable.gpg --k
eyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys C95C0E19386B7051
gpg: requesting key 386B7051 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: key 386B7051: public key "Launchpad PPA for SchoolTool Owners"
imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)

$ sudo aptitude update

$ sudo aptitude install schooltool

but get:

  libjs-mochikit{a} python-openid{a} python-paste{a}
  python-pastedeploy{a} python-pastescript{a} python-scgi{a}
  python-schooltool{ab} python-schooltool.gradebook{ab}
  python-schooltool.intervention{ab}
  python-schooltool.lyceum.journal{ab} schooltool
0 packages upgraded, 11 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not
  upgraded.
Need to get 5478 kB of archives. After unpacking 26.4 MB will be used.
 python-schooltool.lyceum.journal :
Depends: python-zc.table which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zodb but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.browserpage (>= 3.10.1) which is a virtual
  package.
Depends: python-zope.cachedescriptors but it is not going to be
  installed.
Depends: python-zope.component but it is not going to be instal led.
Depends: python-zope.container which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.formlib (>= 4) which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.i18n but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.i18nmessageid but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.intid which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.location but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.publisher but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.security but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.traversing but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.viewlet which is a virtual package.
 python-schooltool.gradebook :
Depends: python-rwproperty which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-xlwt but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-z3c.form which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-z3c.optionstorage which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zodb but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.annotation which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.form which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.generations (>= 3.5) which is a virtual
  package.
Depends: python-zope.browser but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.browserpage (>= 3.10.1) which is a virtual
  package.
Depends: python-zope.component but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.componentvocabulary which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.container which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.event but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.formlib (>= 4) which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.html which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.i18n but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.i18nmessageid but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.keyreference which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.lifecycleevent which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.location but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.publisher but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.schema but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.security but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.traversing but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.viewlet which is a virtual package.
 python-schooltool.intervention :
Depends: python-rwproperty which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-z3c.form which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zc.catalog which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zc.table which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zodb but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.annotation which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.form which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.generations which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.authentication but it is not going to be
  installed.
Depends: python-zope.browser but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.browserpage (>= 3.10.1) which is a virtual
  package.
Depends: python-zope.catalog which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.component but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.container which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.dublincore which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.formlib (>= 4) which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.i18n but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.i18nmessageid but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.lifecycleevent which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.location but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.publisher but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.schema but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.security but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.traversing but it is not going to be installed.
 python-schooltool :
Depends: python-hurry.query which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-rwproperty which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-xlrd but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-xlwt but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-z3c.autoinclude (>= 0.3.4) which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-z3c.form (>= 2.0) which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-z3c.formui which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-z3c.macro which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-z3c.rml which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-z3c.template which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zc.catalog which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zc.datetimewidget which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zc.resourcelibrary which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zc.table which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zodb but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.annotation which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.applicationcontrol which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.appsetup which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.basicskin which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.broken which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.component which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.container which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.content which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.dependable which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.error which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.exception which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.form which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.generations (>= 3.5) which is a virtual
  package.
Depends: python-zope.app.http which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.locales which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.principalannotation which is a virtual
  package.
Depends: python-zope.app.publication which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.schema which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.security which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.server which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.testing which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.app.wsgi which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.authentication but it is not going to be
  installed.
Depends: python-zope.browser but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.browsermenu which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.browserpage (>= 3.10.1) which is a virtual
  package.
Depends: python-zope.cachedescriptors but it is not going to be
  installed.
Depends: python-zope.catalog which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.component (>= 3.8) but it is not going to be
  installed.
Depends: python-zope.configuration but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.container (>= 3.7.2) which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.contentprovider which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.dublincore (>= 3.7) which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.event but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.file which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.filerepresentation which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.formlib (>= 4.0) which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.html which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.i18n (>= 3.5) but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.i18nmessageid but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.intid which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.keyreference which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.lifecycleevent which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.location but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.login which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.mimetype which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.pagetemplate (>= 3.5) which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.password which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.proxy but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.publisher (>= 3.6) but it is not going to be
  installed.
Depends: python-zope.schema but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.security but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.securitypolicy which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.server which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.session which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.site which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.size which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.tales which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.testbrowser but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.testing but it is not going to be installed.
Depends: python-zope.traversing (>= 3.13) but it is not going to be
  installed.
Depends: python-zope.ucol which is a virtual package.
Depends: python-zope.viewlet which is a virtual package.

  Keep the following packages at their current version:
1)     python-schooltool [Not Installed]
2)     python-schooltool.gradebook [Not Installed]
3)     python-schooltool.intervention [Not Installed]
4)     python-schooltool.lyceum.journal [Not Installed]
5)     schooltool [Not Installed]

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]

So, SchoolTool 2.0 is not installable on Debian testing/sid?

--
Regards from Pal