Re: How to use reportbug

El 2012-08-15 a las 17:39 +0200, dAgeCKo escribió:

(resending to the list)

> Le 15/08/2012 17:21, Camaleón a écrit :
>

>> Ah, maybe is that your e-mail server provider does not use "smtp auth"
>> but a different authentication method (e.g., pop3 before smtp?) :-?
>
> I use smtp auth with Icedove. Plus the default debian smtp reportbug
> parameters also fail (this is what I said below the 3 last options of
> the rc file).

Okay... then ensure you have set the proper variables for your host:

smtphost smtp.example.com
smtpuser user@example.com
#smtppasswd your_password (if this is not set/disabled you will be prompted for
password when sending the report)

Is your e-mail server using TLS or SSL or have any other specific need
(e.g., different smtp port other that 25)?

>>> It is the same if I uncomment the last 3 options in ~/.reportbugrc.
>>>
>>> What should I do ?
>>
>> Check your e-mail account setup and your e-mail server capabilities.
>>
>>> For now, I will report bugs by email.
>>
>> This method, although annoying, barely fails :-P
>
> I'll wait and see :)

:-)

Greetings,

--