Avocent 100 KVM switch problems

I just purchased an Avocent Switchview 100-4 KVM+Audio switch. I have 2 Debian systems and 1 Windows 2000 system. Everything works fine except that the scroll lock key will not switch channels when connected to a Debian system but works fine when connected to the Windows system. Further, the NumLock light is reversed with the Debian systems and works correctly with the Windows system. Why the operating system should effect the switches operation is beyond my ken. I talked to the factory and they don't understand it either. I am using a Microsoft 4000, USB, Ergonomic keyboard and Microsoft USB laser mouse. Normally I wouldn't bother but the switch is buried under the computer table and is hard to control manually. Has anyone else had this problem and know of a fix. The SkrLk + SkrLk + End that is suggested on some of the web sites doesn't work.

Gary R