Re: WTF? several anon_inode and /dev/null listings with lsof search

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 05:37:23PM -0400, rabidblogger@Safe-mail.net wrote:
> $ lsof | grep anon_inode
> anon_inode
This is anonymous inode, for example, the process open a file on disk
and then unlink it.

After that there isn't a filesystem entry attached to the inode anymore
so the others can't open it. And the process which holds the open file
can operates it until close it.

> $ lsof | grep dev/null
> /dev/null

For /dev/null, note that there are many process open it, mainly used by
daemon. Its stdin, stdout, stderr redirected to /dev/null.

--
Thanks,
Chengwei