Re: [OT] Will upcoming Debian 8 release default to XFCE for the CD media?

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:24:54 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 14:13 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> Do you really think that XFCE is tested in the same way that GNOME (and
>> the same goes for Razor-QT and KDE, for instance)? I mean, there are
>> more
>> GNOME/KDE users out there than XFCE/LXDE/Razor-QT and more users means
>> well probed software. To make a DE as a default for a distribution
>> without being tested intensively can give a bad impression to
>> newcomers.
>
> I suspect that most of the Linux Audio Community does use Xfce and LXDE
> under extreme hardcore conditions. Both are tested very well.

You can't know because Debian XFCE is very different from another
distribution XFCE so unless all of the Linux Audio Community users are
using wheezy you can't but guess.

> Non of them is shit,as unstable DEs such as e17 are.

Please, avoid insulting another desktops >:-/

> I'm using Xfce on several distros, for a while there where issues
> regarding to GNOME apps, e.g. I experienced issues with Evolution
> running on Xfce, but those are fixed.

Again, we are not talking about every user preferences. Defaults
shouldn't come from there but accomodate to what the majority wants.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón