Re: [OT] Will upcoming Debian 8 release default to XFCE for the CD media?

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 05:45:40PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> I wonder what the other linux distributions are doing in this regard,
> what the GNOME teams (Debian and upstream) think about it and what other
> desktop environments can be also considered as good options to be used
> for the default.

I always thought it would be a good idea to use XFCE instead of Gnome 3,
but make it look like Gnome 2 (like Xubuntu does, or at least used to --
I haven't used it in a while).  It feels very at home for Gnome 2 users,
and I think it's important for Debian to provide some consistency to
users from one release to the next.  I realize the Gnome upstream has
made this difficult recently...

-Rob