Re: cups printer problems with osx clients

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 16:57:48 -0300, David Roguin wrote:

> I have a debian server which have an epson printer installed to it. The
> printer works fine with windows and linux clients but when I try to
> print with a mac it asks for a password and then the printer stops with
> the error
> "/opt/epson-inkjet-printer-201101w/cups/lib/filter/epson_inkjet_printer_filter failed"
>
> Anyone with a similar layout who can help me? Thanks!

How is the printer being shared? I mean, is it a local printer (USB/LPT...)
or it has some network capabilities (socket/ipp...)?

Anyway, being a MacOS client, you should be able to use IPP and thus
avoiding messing up with another client/server protocols that may require
setting up the correct credentials for accessing the printing resources
(e.g., samba).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón