Re: cups printer problems with osx clients

On 09/08/12 03:57 PM, David Roguin wrote:
Hello,

I have a debian server which have an epson printer installed to it.
The printer works fine with windows and linux clients but when I try
to print with a mac it asks for a password and then the printer stops
with the error "/opt/epson-inkjet-printer-201101w/cups/lib/filter/epson_inkjet_printer_filter
failed"

Anyone with a similar layout who can help me?
Thanks!
No direct comparison, but it sounds like it could be a permissions problem. I think the Mac is different enough that it is using different groups from Linux.

Are your Windows users part of a domain? If so, they would be linked to Linux groups and possibly even Linux accounts on the server, so Windows printing will work. Your Mac might need something similar, although I've never had much luck getting Linux accounts to join my domain. Instead, my groups and accounts use the same numbers between systems.