Re: cups printer problems with osx clients

On Fri,Aug 10 02:35:PM, Camaleón wrote:

> Anyway, being a MacOS client, you should be able to use IPP and thus
> avoiding messing up with another client/server protocols that may require
> setting up the correct credentials for accessing the printing resources
> (e.g., samba).

It is a good solution if a narrow list of options is needed from
the printer. In my environment , if I use the 'narrow' direct IP
printing, then, I'm not able to use the duplexer, and some other
options that are offered by the printer- if I'm using the Samba
share to add the printer I can use the full set of features (just
like a Windows machine would)

--
Quick and simple Linux solutions Blog - http://www.at4me.com