Re: [OT] Will upcoming Debian 8 release default to XFCE for the CD media?

On 8 August 2012 17:23, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Subject says it all.
>
> I ask because I've read this from two different sources¹ now (the other
> magazine is written in Spanish), so is this true?
>
> I could only find this mailing list thread² as the official reference but
> from the comments on there it does not look like a final decision has
> been taken yet on the proposed change and this is a rather big diversion
> from the usual default to be passed so inadvertently to the users (yes,
> plain users do not read "debian-devel" ;-P).
>
> ¹http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTE1NTk
> ²http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/08/msg00029.html
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

The present testing(wheezy) CD-1 gives a choice of Gnome, KDE, XFCE,
or LXDE but if one is selected, I believe it will be downloaded &
installed, because when I didn't have a network connection, it only
installed X & xterm, & not even a WM. I apt-get installed Fluxbox
later & everything worked OK.

HTH
--
Sent from FOSS (Free Open Source Software)
Debian GNU/Linux