iptables: Protocol wrong type for socket.

Hi,

I guess if this is [OT] I will hear about it :-)

Anyway, I installed Firehol on a sid system that runs a kernel that I have configured myself.

However, I get lots of errors when Firehol tries to start, like:

ERROR   : # 1.
WHAT    : A runtime command failed to execute (returned error 1).
SOURCE  : line 31 of /etc/firehol/firehol.conf
COMMAND : /sbin/iptables -t filter -A in_internet -p tcp -m state --state NEW \! --syn -j pr_internet_nosyn
OUTPUT  :

iptables: Protocol wrong type for socket.

I googled the error and there are lots of hits, but I see no clue as to what the message actually means.

Obviously I have not configured the kernel correctly because with the Debian kernels there are no errors.

But what kernel configuration parameter might be missing/wrong?

Hugo