Re: Microphone does not work on wheezy laptop.

Good time of the day, Camaleón.

Thank You for Your time and answer.
You wrote:

> > [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
>
> That info is not enough to identify your hardware properly :-)

> Run these command and put here the ouput:

OK, here it comes:

> cat /proc/asound/cards

 0 [SB             ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
                      HDA ATI SB at 0xc0000000 irq 16

> head -n 1 /proc/asound/card0/codec*

head: cannot open `/proc/asound/card0/codec' for reading: No such file
or directory

What do I miss here?

> > sound card. Though mic work in laptop built-in test suite (called
> > on key press at boot), amixer shows no mic:
>
> (...)
>
> > - this is complete its output.
> >
> > Please share any ideas on what can be done to make mic. working.
>
> It can be that sound card is not being properly detected and you need
> to pass the "model=" parameter to the ALSA config file. Depending on
> the codec and your kernel verion, you can edit the alsa configuration
> file and append to the "options" line a value that matches with your
> sound card hardware settings:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt

I have searched through the list for "HDA-Intel" - but did not find it,
but at the same time I have found corresponding line for my laptop
model, so I've got the module is called

dell-m26

Now, where should I put it? Can You bring here the line example?

My kernel is 3.2.0-3-amd64.

> It can also be that your sound card chipset is too new for your
> kernel or alsa version but that would be strange given that your're
> on wheezy. Was the mic detected before or has never worked?

Opposite, it is old laptop. And the situation w/ mic was ever that way.
I'm just trying again to make it working.

Sthu.