Re: Microphone does not work on wheezy laptop.

On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 16:43:21 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Please help me to make my mic. working on wheezy laptop. It has
>
> [AMD] nee ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)

That info is not enough to identify your hardware properly :-)

Run these command and put here the ouput:

cat /proc/asound/cards
head -n 1 /proc/asound/card0/codec*

> sound card. Though mic work in laptop built-in test suite (called on key
> press at boot), amixer shows no mic:

(...)

> - this is complete its output.
>
> Please share any ideas on what can be done to make mic. working.

It can be that sound card is not being properly detected and you need to pass
the "model=" parameter to the ALSA config file. Depending on the codec and your
kernel verion, you can edit the alsa configuration file and append to the
"options" line a value that matches with your sound card hardware settings:

http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt

It can also be that your sound card chipset is too new for your kernel or alsa
version but that would be strange given that your're on wheezy. Was the mic
detected before or has never worked?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón