Re: the usage :vmlinuz ,initrid.gz in cdrom directory?

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 12:31:44 +0800, 水静流深 wrote:

(please, no html posts, thanks)

> i can install debian from hard disk ,here is my grub configuration.

You mean you "can't", right? :-)

> menuentry 'Debian 6.0 from hard disk' {
> set isofile="(hd0,6)/debian.iso"
> loopback loop $isofile
> linux (hd0,6)/vmlinuz
> initrd (hd0,6)/initrd.gz
> }

It can be that you're missing something. Check out these other examples:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/141940/how-to-boot-live-iso-images

> the two  files  :vmlinuz initrid.gz are in the
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/current/images/hd-media/
>

> i want to know what is the usage of the files:vmlinuz initrid.gz in the
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/current/images/cdrom/?

Generally speaking, "vmlinuz" contains a compressed image of the
kernel for the CD-ROM ISO installer and "initrd.gz" is the initial
ramdisk that allows booting the kernel.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón