Update the dpkg's status database

Hi,

i am using the Debian testing some years. And sometime i am using the dpkg
command to brief look of the packages. I observed that, the database of
the available packages is not automatically updated, then i create simple
weekly cron job to update the available database by the sync-available
tool.

But in a last days i see, that the simple "dpkg -l" command cannot find
some packages, which are in debian:

LANG=C dpkg --list jarwrapper
No packages found matching jarwrapper.

After some investigation, i see that the status database is
outdated/incomplete, because after i did search in available too, then
package was found:

LANG=C dpkg-query --load-avail --list jarwrapper
||/ Name                     Version                  Description
un  jarwrapper               <none>                   (no description available)

Please, is here simple way to update the status database?

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk