Installer and GPT partitons

Hi!

When I installed a test VM using debian-wheezy-DI-a1-amd64-netinst.iso I used the export mode and manual partitioning.

I chosed GPT and installed grub into the master boot record. No warnings or errors occured, and the system booted without problems.

After issuing „dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc” grub displayed warnings that it could not embed itself into the master boot record and would use an unsafe mode for stage 2 which still worked.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS_Boot_partition I have to create a small partition with the bios_grub flag if I use GPT instead of MBR.

So I installed my test VM againg, but the installer doesn’t offer me the choice to give a partition the bios_grub flag. I used parted afterwards, and „dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc” didn’t produce any warning anymore.

Is this something that is serious for Wheezy or simply a nice-to-have wishlist?

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |