Power Management not functioning

Hi,

I am using Squeeze amd 6.05 and yesterday after a reboot my Mecer 32" 1360x768 Monitor/TV no longer goes to sleep after 10 minutes, being working fine for months. Only the screen saver works now.

I am using Gnome.

The only thing I might have stuffed up was installing nVidia drivers from the backports and then uninstalling them when nVidia driver gave me a max resolution of 800x600 as per one of my previous posts.

That's the only thing I fiddled with recently.

Any ideas guys?

--
Cheers
Mark