Re: Display Resolution

On Fri 03 Aug 2012 at 01:09:03 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Jo, 02 aug 12, 16:54:41, Nelson Green wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. I can't believe I didn't think to look for a log
> > file related to this. And no, there is no xorg.conf, just the
> > Xorg.0.log file. It is quite large, but here it is. I see some
> > interesting lines about the display in it. Am I missing a driver?
>
> For some reason your cards run with the vesa driver instead of nouveau.
> Maybe nouveau doesn't support your cards? I'm reluctant to suggest this,
> but you probably need the nvidia driver (package nvidia-glx in section
> non-free) to get full support for your cards.

Before he gets into that, it could be worth checking with

   dpkg -l | grep xserver-xorg-video

that the nouveau package is installed. Also

   dmesg | grep nouveau

will indicate whether the nouveau module is loaded.

Could it be that a newer kernel is required for the Quado 600?

   http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/CodeNames/

As a matter of interest, the EDID information in the log gives the type
of monitor used.