Re: links won't open using icedove/wheezy

On 07/31/2012 07:17 AM, chymian wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
>> Just checking to see if others are having the same problem.
> yes indeed.
> I had 2 mailthreats about this on the debian-user-german.
>
> 1. icedove does not open external links.
> it opened the browser, but did not handover the URL.
> I had to got to the KDE systemsettings and manually change the file
> association (program which is called) entry to
>
> iceweasel %u
> (or x-www-browser %u, setting up the system alternatives to iceweasel.)
>
> for all http/https.
>
> 2. I changed in the .icedove/<profile>/prefs.js
>
> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.external.http", true);
>
> to true.
> while callening external links does work now, it had a major impact on
> beeing able to add new accounts to ID.
> while checking a new imap/smtp server, a link opened in iceweasel,
> trying to get info about the mail-server. in this case, I used
> self-signed certificates on my dovcot-server and STARTTLS.
>
> switching this value back to "false", I can add new mailservers, but not
> open external links.
>
> for the time being, I have to choose, which misbehaviour I can live with
> at the moment.
>
> my system:
> wheezy,amd64
> KDE 4.8.4
> iceweasel  10.0.6esr-1
> icedove     10.0.5-1
>

> günter

Gunter,

I've found most of what you mentioned and have made changes but I still
only get my home page in Iceweasel, not the link in the email I clik
on.  Is that what you get?  Can you get to Iceweasel but not to the
exact link?

Also, you mention in user_prefs, the line in pref.js

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.external.http", true);

Well, I don't have that specific line in my user_prefs.  Did you add the
line or just change the false to true?

I'm at a loss.  I've found some info in bugtracking but it's from 2007
and it's talking about not getting to iceweasel.  Again, I can get to
Iceweasel but not the exact link.

TIA for your help.
Whit