Re: what graphics card to choose

I experienced Nouveau as a PITA only.
I had no issues with the proprietary 17x, but serious issues with 2xx
for a while on Arch and Ubuntu, but at the moment current 2xx don't
cause issues anymore. I'm not sure if it really was the proprietary
driver, X or another package that did cause the issues.
People who'll use a kernel-rt should keep in mind, that using the
proprietary driver will cause license issues. However, excepted of the
bad resolution at least the vesa driver should be always usable for the
kernel-rt.
I used a NVIDIA AGP with my old board and for my new board I needed to
replace the onboard ATI by a NVIDIA PCIe graphics.

Since real-time audio is most important for me and I only need 3D
acceleration on a level that e.g. google earth can be used, I'll would
test Intel. If audio wouldn't be that important for me, I would stay at
NVIDIA. Resp. I have to stay at NVIDI, because I can't pay for a new
mobo.

YMMV!
Ralf