Re: what graphics card to choose

Gary Dale <garydale <at> rogers.com> writes:

> On 30/07/12 03:04 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
> > hvw59601<hvw59601<at>  care2.com>  writes:

> Yet another reason why open source is important. NVidia might not be
> interested/able to solve the problem, but I'm sure the open source
> community could.

Actually, sad to say, Nouveau is even worse -- can't even start a Gnome3 session
using nouveau as the driver. I have seen bug reports echoing the problems I am
seeing, and nothing but push-back from the nouveau guys -- at this rate, I don't
think Nouveau is a realistic candidate to make the nVidia prop driver, even as
poorly supported as it is, redundant. Which I think is a shame, but there it is.