Re: logrotate: file size changed while zipping

Hi,

Dňa Thu, 26 Jul 2012 21:11:09 +0200 Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> napísal:

> I will report the result after checking these three (or all, if will be
> needed) files - if i do not forget to do the modification, then after
> three (or after 16 days).

it seems, that i was success on the first attempt :-)

I changed "compress" to "nocompress" in /etc/logrotate.d/tor and no
message from logrotate in my daily mail (i have another messages here,
but they are wanted). It is strange for me, because i have the tor daemon
disabled and i use it only sometime and from my user session (from
vidalia).

It needs more inspection now, but when will be sure, that this is not by my
mistake, i will fill the bugreport. Now there are two files:

ls -l /var/log/tor/
celkom 4,0K
-rw-r----- 1 debian-tor adm    0 júl  7 10:24 log
-rw-r--r-- 1 debian-tor adm 3,5K júl  6 19:37 log.1

The old one (log.1) is from my fist attempts, and all dates in it are
dated at "Jul 06". By my opinion, there can be problem with combination
the "notifempty" and "delaycompress". Another possible source can be the
"create 0640 debian-tor adm" option and the older file with the 644
permissions (not changed by me), but i don't know if this can be problem.

I will do more checks, but any help is welcome :-)

Camaleón, thanks for help

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk