Re: mail server

On 26.07.2012 16:25, Camaleón wrote:

how you perform basic tasks like mail-ques checking, logs, mail box
create, delete, mail restriction .etc.....?

IIRC, last time I checked years ago, there were some GUI based frontends
to perform the usual operations with Cyrus and Postfix (and also webmin
has to provide a couple of modules to manage these services) but I still
prefer to do it manually -using the command line- because I find it to be
more secure and less prone to errors or missconfigurations. Of course,

I second that.

this cannot be suitable for a thousand users configuration but still a
valid option for managing a bunch of accounts.

BTW: With Wheezy it has become very easy to set up an LDAP-Server. Together with LAM (LDAP Account Manager) it's very easy to maintain even a quite large number of users and their Mailaccounts.

But for Muhammads case (20 people) I think I would simple use system users with --shell=/bin/false

Bye.