Re: text size on CLI

Hi Brian,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 09:28:18AM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Mon 16 Jul 2012 at 22:36:20 -0700, Mike McClain wrote:
>
> > I'm talking about /dev/tty1-10, non-GUI console.
<snip>
> Fixed fonts have an upper limit to their size of 16. Anything larger and
> you need to use the Terminus font. 'dpkg-reconfigure console-setup' will
> show what's on offer. Run 'setupcon' after using it.

    Thanks that fixed it. I chose Terminus 20x10 and got 38x102 char screen,
much easier to read.
    Back in '04 I wrote a little script to cycle through all the fonts
available in the system using setfont or consolechars to set and display
the font and as I recall there were a bunch of fonts >40? yet console-setup
offers only a few. Is that because for the frame buffer or what?

    I appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Mike
--